Sunday, July 9, 2017
Short Track is a lightening fast race of short duration on a compact, off-road course. Great for spectating, and for those racing, the pain is far surpassed by the adrenaline rush of cheering fans. WORS Cup Short Track Course
- Register ONLINE before midnight July 3rd at www.wors.org or by mail before June 30th.
- Late / On-Site Registration: Friday 1-6 PM and Saturday 7:30 AM-3:00 PM
- On or before July 3rd: Pro – $36.93, Cat 1 – $31.65, Amateur (Cat 2 and 3) 19 & over – $26.38, Cat 1 – and All Juniors (18 & under as of 12/31/17) – $26.38
- Late /On-site Registration: Pro – $45 , Cat 1 – $40, Amateur Men & Women, 19 & over – $35 and All Juniors (18 & under as of 12/31/17) – $30
USA Cycling Annual License or $10 one-day license (not available for Cat 1 or Pro) required!
All USA Cycling Mountain License holders must present their license at race registration to avoid being charged for a one day license fee.
Start Times and Duration:
|Race Category||Start Time||Race Duration||Classes||Field Limit|
|Amateur Women||8:30 AM||13 min + 1 laps||9-16, 17-39, 40 & over||50|
|Amateur Men||9:00 AM||15 min + 1 laps||9-14, 15-18, 19-39, 40-49, and 50 & over||150|
|Cat 1 Men||11:00 AM||15 min + 2 laps||15-18, 19-29, 30-39, 40-49 and 50 & over||100|
|Open Women||11:30 AM||13 min + 2 laps||Pro,15-18, 19-39, and 40 & over||50|
|Pro/Open Men||12:00 AM||20 min + 3 laps||50|
- USA Cycling Regional Championships Medals* to top three in all classes of Amateur, Cat 1 and Pro men and women.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR USA CYCLING LICENSE WITH YOU AT AWARDS!
WORS Cup USA Cycling Midwest Regional Championship Short Track Prize List:
- Pro Men & Women: Up to $1500 – 5 Place Deep (dependent upon field size)*, 1st- $250, 2nd-$185, 3rd-$135, 4th-$100* (field size ≥ 15 more), and 5th-$85* (field size ≥ 20)
- Cat 1 Men (competing in Cat1 race) & Cat 1 Women: Up to $60 per class (competing in Open race and not claiming Open Money) – 3 Place Deep (dependent upon field size)*, 1st- $25, 2nd-$20, and 3rd-$15
All cash awards require attendance of recipient at awards ceremony!
*Eligibility for USA Cycling Regional Championship Awards – is based on the following requirements being met: 1) A racer must have current USA Cycling (mountain bike) or UCI annual license and be in good standing, 2) be a resident of Midwest region states, IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, ND, OH, SD, WI as verified by their license.
USA Cycling Regional Championship Medals (RCM) – 3 places deep for Pro/Open and all Amateur classes. Should a racer place in the top 3 and not be eligible for a RCM, a Midwest MTB Championships medal will be awarded. Placing will not be passed down.